Diploma in Sustainable Business
A joint degree by University of St.Gallen, Business School Lausanne and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development for engaged future leaders in business and beyond - starting every September
The world is at a turning point. Social and environmental changes are demanding new solutions in the coming decades. In 2007, humanity’s footprint exceeded the earth’s bio capacity by 50%. By 2025, we will need the equivalent of 2 planets to sustain the consumption patterns of global citizens. Business is considered to be part of the problem, yet business leaders often don’t know how to embrace sustainability.
New challenges require new competencies. New competences arise from assuming new perspectives and envisioning new solutions. New challenges also require new leadership skills. Subject expertise needs to be complemented with the ability to drive change and implement new solutions across organizational boundaries.
Main objective of the program
To inspire and train change agents with a broad understanding in global sustainability and provide them with practical skills to develop and implement solutions for sustainability issues in organizations.
Rather than looking at sustainability from the business perspective alone, the program approaches sustainability from three different perspectives:
- Global challenges – understanding the sustainability challenges we, as a global community are facing today and in the coming decades
- Strategic implications – evaluating how business can contribute to resolve them through innovative strategies
- Business impact – translating sustainability strategies across business functions
To maximize learning, the modules are designed to touch upon these three perspectives in three action learning rounds. This enables participants to deepen their understanding of each perspective with every round
3 Learning dimensions
- Subject competence – Exposure to the best current knowledge in the global and business sustainability fields provides the foundation for understanding and managing the sustainability challenges.
- Leading change skills – Implementation and change management skills are critical to bring sustainability to business. To ensure this, the “Leading Change” dimension forms an integral part of every session.
- Project experience – Sustainability projects are conducted in a collaborative work space and form the backbone of the program. These projects are conducted in collaboration with companies, communities or NGOs. Learning across the program is applied to these projects step-by-step. They qualify participants as professionals in sustainable business.
Duration: 10 months
Program start: September 19, 2013
Program fee: 24.000 CHF
|Module 1 & 2
|Module 5 & 6
|Module 9 &10
Round 1: March 15, 2013
Round 2: May 15, 2013
Round 3: July 15, 2013
Round 4: August 15, 2013
Please send your application to DAS@bsl-lausanne.ch using our application form (linked on the right) and attach your CV.
See more information on registration and conditions (linked on the right).
We invite company sponsors who provide real-life sustainability projects. Cost to company: 24'000 CHF in return for a work volume of 750 hours for a team of 3 students. A candidate who brings a company project that is accepted by the Program Direction receives a discount of 8'000 CHF.
Katarzyna Zehn: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Thomas Dyllick: firstname.lastname@example.org
World Business Council for Sustainable Development